Fasting sugar increased with increased dose and change in medicine. Why?

dear Doctor My hb1c is 7.4 I was taking Amaryl 1 mg with 500 mg Metamorphine twice a day. My fasting sugar was around 130 . I was taking these medicine since last six months. My doctor advised me to improve the control and changed the medicine as 2 mg Amyral twice a day and added Galv us 50 mg once a day. After 3 days of use I did not observe any change but fasting sugar increased to avg 140. Please advise about the change of medicine and outcome. I am of 56 years male .
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013