Fasting blood sugar is 118, is that good or bad ?

My fasting blood sugar is 118 is that good or bad ?
Asked On : Tue, 8 Mar 2011
Radiologist 's  Response
Hi christine!
normal fasting blood sugar is 80-120 mg/dl.Since you have slight high normal it is possible that you had glucose rich foods at previous night-if no-please take a repeat test after a month or so and do refrain from sweetish foods the night before testing.

Homeopath Dr. Rangadhar Satapathy's  Response
Hi Greetings from health care magic
The normal Fasting blood sugar level is 80 to 110 mg/dl. It is on boarder line.. just avoid carb diet. Daily morning walk. no late night slep. just follow it for few days it will be alright. Thank you

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
It is not bad at all but calls for a repeat after about a month. It is within normal limits towards higher side.
General & Family Physician Dr. Gautam Das's  Response
Hi. Fasting blood sugar of 118 is indicative of prediabetic in case you have other risk factors ( Family history, obesity...). Prediabetes is a stage which usually develops into diabetes in few years. In any case the diagnosis cannot be attained with one single reading. Please repeat the test along with your post prandial levels and Hba1c, and then consult a diabetologist.

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.