Fast spreading itchy reddish rashes on the arms, armpits and inner thighs. Will it become chronic? What type of treatment is needed?

Hi I m a 28 year old female and int he last 2-3 days I ve grown a symmetrical fast spreading red itchy sometimes burning rash that is a little on my arms but mostly on my inner thighs, right behind my armpits (technically on my back), my lower back, and butt. The soonest doctor appointment is in 2 more days and I want any information I can get in the meantime about what this rash could be, if it is likely to be dangerous, if i can lessen it in any way, if it will spread even more, if it seems like it will be chronic/how long will this take to go away, and what type of treatment is involved?
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012