Fast reducing Hb count, 32 weeks of pregnancy. Any urgent attention required ?

Hello Doctor, My wife is 32 weeks of pregnancy and the hemoglobin count reducing at a faster rate. Currently, it s reading at 5.6. When we visited the local doctor, he suggested to change the iron tablets and asked to visit after couple of weeks. As per another doctors advice, she s also taking homeopathic medicines for normal delivery. Please suggest if any urgent attention is required because her symptoms are getting closer to anemia . Will any additional step will affect the baby?
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012