Fast heart beat rate while sleeping, vibrating body, heart diagnostics normal. Suggestions?

I am having an issue that is really starting to affect my MENTAL health . For about 3 years now I have episodes while I am lying in bed. It only happens when I lay flat or almost flat. I now have to sleep sitting upright to keep it from happening. When I lay flat I get a feeling like my whole body is vibrating very fast. My heart beat is pounding and it feels like someone is standing on my chest . If I stay laying down my heart hurts. It goes away often within minutes of me sitting back up but sometimes it lasts for 5-15 minutes. Sometimes if I let it go for too long my heart hurts on into the next day. I have gone to a cardiologists, a gastro- intestinal physician and an internal medicine doctor. They have all said I was in excellent health for a now 50-year old. I just can not go on like this. It does not happen every night. I even have several nights in a row where I can sleep an entire night without a single episode. I have had to go to the hospital in the past after waking up to this strange thing happening only to be told they could see nothing. I wore a heart monitor and it also found nothing. I just want to know what is going on. It is so bad sometimes that I can not get back to sleep for several days in a row and have to rely on sleep aides to help. It is real and is not a figment of my imagination. When I get up to shake off the symptoms, my whole body is vibrating and my blood pressure feels like it is going to just blow my heart right up. It really scares the hell right out of me that no doctor can tell me what in the world is going on. I was told that I had two partially blocked arteries and a leaky valve but I pass my heart diagnostics with flying colors. I am disabled but still fairly active and healthy except for this. I can walk several miles at a time without getting winded at all. This just baffles me. I just knew when I had all my work-ups that the doctors would find an elephant in my chest but they all said the same thing...nothing we can must be fine then. I tell you that my heart hurts so bad sometimes during these attacks that it is just amazing my heart shows no damage. ANY help would be appreciated. Norm
Asked On : Mon, 3 Sep 2012