Fast heart beat rate, doctors said coulde be ARVC/D or PSVT. Difference, cure?

i have heart beats of around 200 per minutes sometimes and this episodes remain for around 2 hours now . i have this problem from 7 years of age. earlier this episode used to be for 10 - 15 minutes and after vomiting it was resolved. now i m 37 years old. doctors are saying it could be ARVC/D OR PSVT . what is the difference between both? and wat is cure for both?
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012
Dear friend, welcome to HCM !
PSVT (paroxysmal supra ventricular tachycardia) is an abnormal heart rhythm which is a fast regular rhythm from abnormal pacmaker sites.
It can occur due to a variety of causes such as electrolyte imbalance, coronary insufficiency, conduction problems, respiratory infections etc. there is no genetic / familial tendency. It arises in the upper atrial chambers of the heart.

while, ARVC/D (arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy/ dysplasia) is a genetic/ familial condition in which right lower heart chamber is replaced by fibrous tissue over time and causes abnormal rhythms. gene mutation can be identified.

PSVT can be treated by traeting underlying causes, sometimes controlled with drugs like diltiazem, beta blockers and when serious with a drug like adenosine given in an ICU/ ER. rarely may need electroshock cardioversion.

ARVC can be treated sometimes with drugs to control rate, but usually needs implanted cardioverter/defibrillator (pacemaker/ shocker implanted in the body) and heart transplant.

Take care and please keep me informed of your progress.
Good Luck !
I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily.
May I request for your rating and review of this answer before you accept the answer and close the query (if there are no more follow up questions)?
Thank you !