Family suffering from swollen red itchy rashes. Cause for rashes?

Hi, We live in Sunshine Coast, Queensland Australia and have just moved into a new home in Eumundi - it is pretty much complete inside. We keep taking turns breaking out in various strange red rashes none of us have ever experienced before. It started with me with a rash on my arm that was red bumpy and itchy, then my mum and sister who visited for 2 weeks got something similar but there bumps were much bigger and redder, now my husband a month later has just been having really hot flashes and i just checked his back and it is completely covered in a red itchy quite swollen looking rash (he sweats alot so we thought it was heat rash for him). But just yesterday we discovered numerous tiny furry caterpillars climbing slowly on the walls (since the rains) - could this be related? An itchy grub of some sort? Please help, not sure what s causing these sudden things??? Amanda
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013