Family history of bowel cancer. Have removed polyp. Musky smelling stools. Pain in side

Hi I m 42 weigh about 9 stone . There is a history of bowel cancer in the family and I had a small polyp removed 5 yrs ago. I ve been noticing for ages now that my stools have a very distinct old musky smell and I m a bit concerned what it could be. I have been checked for coeliac as my sister has it and I m clear. I have a pain sometimes on my right side near my appendix not very often but when it comes its severe enough for me to curl up and not move for ages. Please advise
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012