Familial hypercholesterolemia, taking simvastatin 20, irregular periods, shrink stomach and hips. Advice?

Hello, I am a 26 year old female. I have familial hypercholesterolemia and have been taking simvastatin 20 since I was 18. My last appointment, almost 4 months ago, my dosage was upped to 40 mg simvastatin. I am on no other medications . Since then, I have gone from 116 pounds to 126 pounds, most of it in my stomach and hips, my breasts have shrunk nearly 2 cup sizes, I feel like I have a lower libido, my periods come either every 2 weeks or every 6 weeks, and I m experiencing constant fatigue; I m having trouble sleeping but even when I sleep well I don t feel rested when I wake up. I have had low bone density for a while, even before I started on the 40mg. Should I be concerned? Are any of these symptoms related to my dosage being upped? I have thought perhaps that simvastatin has affected my hormone levels but can t find anything conclusive on the internet. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jun 2012