Fallen on thigh, hurts to walk or touch, swollen knee. Any ideas?

Hi I fell while going up the stairs last night and hit my the side of my thigh on the top step which happened to be tile. Now it hurts to walk or touch it. I can barely stand on it or anything. There isn t a bruise but a line where you can see that I hit it and it is very swollen. I also managed to hit my knee on the other leg which developed a pretty large bump under the knee cap that is hard like bone and hurts to touch, walk, and bend it. Any ideas on either one? Should I go get a xray? I don t have insurance or anything.
Asked On : Fri, 12 Oct 2012