Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.
The general treatment guidelines of a soft tissue contusion
or strained muscle are as follows -
* REST - It is important to give rest to the injured muscle to allow it properly heal.
* ICE PACKING - Apply ice to the injured area in the acute phase (first 48 hours after injury
), and then after activities. Ice will help calm the inflammatory response and stimulate blood flow to the area.
* MOIST HEAT APPLICATION - Before activities, gentle heating can help loosen the muscle. Apply a heat pack to the groin prior to stretching or exercising. As a general rule of thumb, remember to heat before an activity and ice afterwards
* ANTIINFLAMMATORY MEDICATION - Oral anti-inflammatory medications (such as Aleve or Motrin) can help relieve symptoms of pain and also calm the inflammation.
* STRETCHING - Gentle stretching is helpful, but it should not be painful.
* PHYSICAL THERAPY
- may speed up the recovery process. Therapeutic modalities such as Ultrasound
, Massaging and specific exercises will be helpful.
Hope this information is helpful. Good day