Fall on the knees, bruise with light spots around a softball sized circle, bruise has turned completely red. Treatment required?

I fell on my knees and hit the deck with my left leg feeling the brunt, about one month ago. The buise appeared likea sunflower, purple with lighter spots around a softball size circle. Since then, I have hit the inside of the bruise with shopping bag, and my car door on a few occasions and now the entire circle is red in color-no purple. Not sure if I need to go to doctor.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012