Fall on the back, difficulty in bending, crunching in back, leg pain, no relief with painkillers. What is the cause?

I was sledging and landed really hard on my back in a dip. I felt pain straight away but it was more of an ache. This happened on Saturday but by Monday I couldn t move or bend over to put my trousers on or even pick something up off the table. I ve been prescribed painkillers but they don t seem to be working well. I m worried I have slipped a disc but the hospital have not requested a scan and have booked me for physio. I can feel crunching in my back and have some pain in my legs. Please help! I m so worried! Steph
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013