Fall on the back causing pain on the neck and shoulder, back of head, wrists. No improvement with icing. Normal?

I slipped and fell a week ago while carrying the trash. I ended up on my back on the ground. My neck and shoulders hurt more now than when I fell. Also, the back of my head hurts (no bump) and my wrists hurt. My left wrist and hand are the worst - it is excruciating if I move it or put pressure on it. I ve used ice and a brace for a week with no improvement. Should I see a doctor, or is this normal for a strain?
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012
sprains and strains are possible in your case.It can be long standing also.But it is better to consult a doctor to have a physical examination to rule out any fracture or any serious injury.If there is no such problem muscle relaxants and antiinflammatory drugs might give you relief.Hope this may help you