Fall in lower back, soreness, pain above hips and between ribs. Any thoughts?

Thanks for taking my inquiry! My wife fell on the stairs earlier today. She slipped decending the stairs and hit a stair frame in her lower back. I was at work when she fell. She went through her busy schedule with kids events and though she said her back was very sore, she didnt stop. Now, it is evening and she is really complaining that her back is hurting. She can not lay down and sitting hurts. I have put hand pressure on her lower ribs in back and she says that there is no pain. She says the pain is located above her hips and between her ribs, in soft tissue . Any thoughts? And yes, we will go to the doctor in the AM.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012