Fall, hit on the groin, bruising on penis, tear on the skin of shaft, using ice. What else can be done?

my husband (55 yrs old) fell and hit his groin against the toliet (he lost his footing- he uses a motorized wheel chair - but can stand. sometimes not to steady on his feet ) anyway somehow when he hit the toliet falling it bruised his penis and tore the skin on the shaft. I was able to stop the bleeding the skin is torn. but not bleeding anymore. He does not want to go to the hospital. there is brusing. So I put ice on it. what else can I do? I am on SSI and unfortunatly cannot afford the $18. so sorry
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013