Fall from stairs, cannot stand or walk, bleeding during sex. Is this normal?

I Fell down a flight of stairs on Sunday while holding my 10 month baby. I went to the ER after complainng about intense pain everywhere and it was difficult for my to stand let alone walk. After a few days I had an intimate moment with my husband and I noticed I was bleeding before my period is supposed to start. But I only notice the bleeding during the act never shows any other time. Is this normal.
Asked On : Tue, 3 Apr 2012

Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.

NO , bleeding only during sex is not normal.

It can be due to rough sex or it can be a sign of cervical cancer.

Get a pap smear and follow up with report to me.

Feel free to consult me directly

Dr. Som Biswas M.D.