Fall from horse, knot with puncture wound on finger, swollen fingers, painful, wearing wrist brace. What do you think happened?

I was riding a horse about 2 years ago and fell off, my right foot got hung in stirrup, causing me to be swung in front and underneath the horse. She stepped on my right hand/ wrist . There was immediately a knot with a puncture wound on my right ring finger .. all of my fingers swelled greatly, and it hurt really bad probally a 9 after the accident and addrinealin wore off.. today i have found that my thumb joint near wrist is very stiff, and wearing a wrist brace helps ease the pain alittle.. fingers still hurt, and go numb sometimes.. what do you think i did to it?
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012

if your injury was 2 years ago the pain you are feeling at the base of your thumb if new may not be related. a common cause of pain here is dequervains tendonitis. antiinflammatory medication and tendon gliding excercises can help with this pain. occasionally a steroid injection is beneficial. rarely is surgery required.

best wishes