Fainting, affected vision while working outdoors. How to prevent these symptoms from occurring?

Yes, I volunteer out doors with homeless population in Houston TX. Near the end of the summer, I had several times when I felt faint, and my vision was effected in that it was like a WHITE OUT instead of a BLACKOUT. I had to sit down several times. I volunteer in the afternoon for about 2.5 hours. Recently I was volunteering (same situation) and had the same physical symptoms. What should I do to prevent these symptoms?
Asked On : Sat, 5 May 2012
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.
You need evaluation by investigations to look for the cause of fainting episodes.
The common causes are orthostatic hypotension, vasovagal syncope, heart rhythm abnormalities, vertigo.
Investigations like ECG, holter monitoring, EEG, complete blood picture, 2D Echo to be done.
Therefore I suggest you to consult the physician for clinical examination to check your blood pressure and for investigations.
Hope I have answered your query.