Fainted, heartbeat seems stopped. MRI done. Black spots found on brain, have seizures. How serious it is?

My grandfather suddenly fainted three days seemed his hearbeat had stopped and his eyes rolled up.My aunt tried to revive him..and he was fine after that.We all thought it must be heart related but doctors ruled it out. MRI was done..and black spot on the left side of his brain.He also has constant pain in his left arm .Doctors have said he suffers from seizures.How serious it is? grandfather is 83 year old
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jun 2012