Faint, weak, nauseous, painful urinate, urine test done clear. Again started the same, all test done, normal. Suggestion?

Hi, my Mom is 84 years old and quite frail. Last night she had an episode of feeling very faint and weak, nauseated and had a painful urge to urinate. When she tried to get up, she managed to grope her way to the hallway and fell, where she lay for a couple of hours. Last week we had her urine tested and were told it was clear. She had a similar episode last week and we called the ambulance - they sent her home after lots of testing showed nothing out of the ordinary. We have no idea what to try next.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013
Nephrologist 's  Response
HI

Pain and difficulty in passing urine could be due to an infection or an obstruction to the flow of urine.
I would recommend a urine R&M, Ultrasound of the kidneys, Blood urea and creatinine levels and a CBC.
Based on these results we could decide the further course of action.

Hope this helps
Good luck.