Facing male pattern hair loss. Will using Finasteride and Minoxidil help?

Hello Sir, My age is 26 years and I am facing male pattern hair loss more than 2.5 years,Last year I have consulted a dermatologist and he suggested Finax( finasteride ) 1 mg and Mintop , Minoxidil 5% for 3 months.I have taken finax for 1 month and then stopped it seeing the side effects on internet. From last year I only take biotin 5 mcg as vitamin pill.But still I face hair loss, more in forehead area..Should I start using Finasteride and Minoxidil..Will it really help... Please advice?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013