Facial rash, lesions on face that seem to be drying up. Remedy?

Yes - thank you. I m concerned about a facial rash that my 95 year old father has. It started out as redness on his chin an now he tells me that there were lesions all over his face. He treats himself and says he has used alcohol or sometimes salt water to reduce the puffiness. Now he s using some unknown creme (from Europe so we don t know that it is). My daughter has seen it and says his face looks bad but the lesions seem to be drying up. She couldn t tell what the creme was because it was in a foreign language. My father s care giver thinks it may be something to do with his teeth . He does not complain of any tooth pain, but she is European and uses home remedies to treat things. There is no new medication he s on either. Please help. Thank you very much.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013