Facial nerves dead after a paralysis. Had electroshock therapy. Any new nerve generation therapy?

Whay is the latest news in nerve regeneration? My daughter, 35 yrs old, woke up a month ago with half of her face paralysed. Today she had an electroshock therapy and was told that the facial nerve was dead. I heard about massages, like the ones for stroke victims, acupuncture , homeopatic treatment with germinium... We haven t tried any of this yet, but what are your recomendation? We d like to try everything possible before looking into nerve graft or plastic surgery . Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012