Facial injury due to fall, swollen face, puffiness, no head injury. Cause of worry?

Hi doctor , when i was 11 years old i got bounced by a bus and landed directly on my face in the road and ever since i would notice that my face has gotten really puffy and it s like everyday it s getting bigger , btw my head did nt burst or anything so i m just wonderin if it s just me who needs to prob drink more water or is it becuz of the accident.. plz help!
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. You have not mentioned you current age.
From the description that you have given, considering that you are an adult and that the injury had occurred years back, it is highly unlikely that the trauma that you are mentioning is responsible for your puffy face. There could be various other reasons. You should get your blood checked for CBC and renal function test. You can be assured that it is not related to the trauma.
Hope I am able to solve your concerns.
If you need any further help in detail, I will be more than happy to help you.
Wish you good health.
Dr. Pooja Reddy MD