Facial hair growth insufficient. Should I seek topical solutions? What deficiency is it?

Hi, My name is Prakash and I am from chennai, India. My Problem is regarding Facial Hair growth. I am 24years old. I have normal hair growth under chin , under the lips(joining portion of lips and chin) and in Mustache Area but other areas are soft without Hair. As it is in-complete it looks awkward and abnormal. I feel inferior as this means a lot to me. My father also has same problem but he is better compared to me. Please Advise me of how can I get a remedy. I even met some dermatologists but they say it is better not to have facial hair as it will be reducing money spent on shaving products. They take it as small issue but for me it means a lot. So if possible help me find a special unit where my concern will taken up in a proper manner. Also suggest me anything like diet , topical solutions, supplements that can help me cure or which at-least points out my deficiency. I am sure that there will be a treatment as I am able to grow hair in few areas so please guide me in a correct path.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Jun 2012