Face with petechiae, elevated bilirubin, stomach pain. Is there any connection between two?

My 14 yr old son just recently broke out all over his face with petechiae, while at the dr i asked about his eyes. I have thought for a while now that they were slightly yellow in the corners, but everyone thought i was seeing things. This dr however saw it and tested his blood . Results show elevated bilirubin levels. My son also complains of weird stomach pains at times. They referred me to a gastroenterologist but the soonest appt is two months. My question is could there be a connection between the elevated bilirubin and the petechiae?
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013