Face pain during sinus, have mouth guard to level the flat palatal torus. Cause?

I ve had a flat palatal torus my entire life. When I was born it bowed down to be on level with the biting surface of my upper teeth . The dentist I was seeing as a child made a special mouth guard designed to push the torus up. At the time I kept choking on food that I didn t realized was stuck between my tooth line and the torus. After about seven years of newly refitted guards every few months, the torus was out of the way enough to remove all eating and speaking issues I had. Now every time I have any kind of sinus issue, my entire face hurts and the problem takes weeks - months to go away. Could the bone of my palatal torus have pushed into my sinus cavity and be causing all these extra sinus problems? If so, how do I fix it?
Asked On : Wed, 23 May 2012
Feb 2016
Hi. Go for the CT Scan of facial bones and sinuses to know the exact problems. You can always take a second opinion of another Doctor.