Face getting darker, little change with fairness, sunscreen cream. How to get fairer?

hlo sir,am 19 n my problm is dat my face becomes darker n darker....i ve tried one or two fairness creams(fair n lovely,garnier)...n after using dat only a slight change was seen n it diminished very soon,so i quited using dos very desperate about the dark tone of my face...even ma neck n ears are far fairer than ma,i went to a dermatologist n she prescribed me acnemoist (saying dat its a good sunscreen)...using dis for about nearly 1 month i couldnt see any difference....shall i continue this??? ma friend suggested me olay . as it worked well for her....but i am afraid of experimenting with new things....can u pls suggest me any good remedies?? n pls say why it happens to my face alone???
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013