Eyes get crossed and focus on white background instead on words while reading, no improvement with glasses. Will I recover?

I have vision problems. I am not able to read properly. When I do, my eyes gets crossed within 2 seconds and instead of black words they start to focus on the white background. In fact in general also I am not able to focus at a point for more than 5 secs, my eyes gets crossed automatically. Apart from this when I read I see dark flashing spots which further disturbs my vision. I am far sighted and recently came to know that I am astigmatic too. Although I wear glasses, but even then the problem persists. Will I never be able to read or see properly !
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013