Eyes are dry, teary, looks glassy, dry tear residue in morning around eyes, dry tongue. Reason?

My eyes are dry and at the same time, teary and looks glassy as if there is water around it even when there is none. My doctor prescribed liteers which I am taking 4 times a day for 2 weeks. that 2 weeks is almost over but no significant change. Sometimes in the morning, there are dry tear residues around my eyes. I wonder if this has connection with my feeling of dry tongue especially in the morning. A feeling of like scalded tongue. this is just felt in the middle part of the tongue. Sometimes I would salivate when I feel this dry tongue. I often feel it when my mouth is open or am reading aloud.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012