Eyes and face red and swollen, took some antihistamines, injections, no help. Lump near jawbone. Any concern ?

My eyes and face redden and swell for no reason on and off for at least 6 times since October 2012. I went to see a dermatologist and was prescribed certain antihistamine and steriod cream to put on. I usually recovered within 1 to 2 days. Two days ago, my eyes and face are red and swollen again. The swelling made it rather difficult to keep my eyes open. I went to see a general practitioner, got an injection and some antihistamine. Strangely, to-date I have not recovered - well, the swelling has gone a bit and my eyes and face are not as red as before. But I also noticed a lump in front of my left ear near the jawbone . It is hard, and painful when pressed. Is it a cause for concern? Will it go away itself soon?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013