Eyelid swelling, headaches. On hydrocortisone, steroid. What is wrong?

I have been having eyelid swelling for the last 3 months. I narrowed it down to my shellac manicures or the birth control pill. Both of which happened right before the first swelling. I am on LOLoestrin FE 1-10 my gynecologist thinks its not that she said if it was that my eyelids would be swollen continuously & wouldn't flare up & go away.
I had 2 back to back shellac manicures with the same product line mid July through mid August. I took off the shellac & did not have a serious flare up for a few weeks. I'm currently having one now. I also work at a salon that does shellac & I work on massage clients that wear shellac so maybe that's what its from now?
I went to the family doc. the second flare up & she gave me hydrocortisone crème for the itching & a steroid.
The more it kept happening the more migraines I had & more light sensitivity. Wher I had to where sunglasses & a visor driving or I'd get a headache. Should I make an apt. to see an Opthalmologist to check my eyes? Or maybe this is common & could be from something else going on with my eyes the first day I get a stomach ache, the second ususally a migraine & then I wake up with swollen lids the next 3 days.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Oct 2013