Eyelash growing underneath eyelid, irritation. What is it?

I have an eyelash the is growing from underneath the bottom of my eyelid growing toward my eye. When it gets so long it brushes my eye whenever I blink causing irritation. The 1st time I went to my GP and he pulled it out. A couple months ago it had grown back and my wife pulled it out with clean tweezers. It is now growing back. Can something be done this time so that I will not have to continue to deal with this every couple of months?
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
It seems from the history that you are having misdirected eye lashes directed towards the eye causing chronic irritation.
The treatment of the condition is mechanical removal of the misdirected eye lash.This treatment you have undergone however the draw back is the condition may recurr.
The permanent treatment options are laser treatment or cryoapplication to destroy the eye lash follicle.
Thank you