Eyebrows threaded, pinky red eye, swollen, itchy, lymph node swollen near ear. Infection?

I had my eyebrows threaded on Tuesday this week, the next day I have woken up with two swollen area on my eyebrow, I have also noticed that my eye is a pinky colour and very irritated and feels scratched, I also noticed my lymph nodes are swollen around the front of my ear and below my ear, I am generally feeling under the weather. Is this an infection caused by the eyebrow threading?
Asked On : Mon, 21 May 2012
Thanks for writing in.

There is a minimal risk of infection due to eye threading. Everyone needs to be aware that there is a risk with threading, and you need to make sure that there is a clean thread, and the person is washing their hands. It does carry health risks, including the potential spread of the herpes virus and staph infections through dirty threads and broken skin. Please consult your doctor should there be further signs of inflammation and tenderness.

Hope this helps