Eye sensitivity when exposed to sunlight, pain, swelling, watering. Causes for symptoms?

hello, i am hoping that someone can help me with a problem my brother is having. my brother has said for the past week that his eyes are more sensitive to sunlight, and that it hurts his eyes, he has had to wear sunglasses everytime he goes outside. i thought that i was just because he hasnt really been going out much since school ended and believed he just needed to get used to it. but today his left eye is a little swollen and his eyes get watery when outside. is there anyway you can help me identify the problem?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012