Eye sensitive to light after an injury. Symptom persisting despite using eye drops. What to do?

I had an imoact injury to my eye when playing football two weeks ago. My eye is now sensitive to light and blood shot. After going to a specialised eye hospital i was prescribed two different eye drops and after a few days my eye seemed to be getting better. After reducing the dosage as recomended my eye has gotten a lot worse. I am due for a recall at the hospital in two days but would like some advise on how i can help treat it myself until then,
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013