Eye power has been constantly changing. Is it glaucoma or cataract?

My eyes have changed 3 times since this year. I am 53 years old. They have gone from +1.75 in 2010 to +2.25 march 3 2012 then +2.50 on july 28 2012 now they are at +2.75 on sept 8 2012. They say that it is not cataracts or glaucoma . They were testing me for MS. Not sure what to think. I do not believe that it is my age. They are saying that it is. I would like a second opinion with an ophtalmologist in my area, but now one will refer me.
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012