Eye pain, affected by light, prescribed ointment. What am I talking about?

Last Monday when I woke up, opened my eyes, they were hurting so bad like something was in them. The left eye was horrible, the right just a little. Light affected them big time and they just hurt really bad. So I went to the Ophthalmologist later in the morning because I couldn t take it any longer. He said that what happened is my eyelid stuck to my eye basically and pulled a layer of something off and exposed the nerves. He gave me ointment to put in every night before I go to bed for 3 months. He said it took that long to heal. Well my daughter is a P.A. and she was asking me what he called that and I can t remember the word he used. Would you happen to know what I am talking about? Thanks, Debbie
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012