Eye injury, blood in cornea, taken steroids. Vision not restored. What is all this?

I got hit by a cricket ball in my left eye. Doctors say that this has not injured retina; there is some blood still in cromea due to injury. so, they started esteroids, both oral and drops for a month and stopped all of them. it s 31st day of injury but still my vision is not restored. doctors say that the blood will be cleaned over time naturally and vision will be okay. This left eye was already a low-visioned eye with retinal diseases since birth. My right eye is more worse than right eye since birth. Now, my better eye also can t see as it used to do. I can t read or write even using low vision tools. Doctors say that it s better to let the blood clean itself rather than clean with surgery. They also say that a cataract has developed and a surgery should be done agter the blood is cleared. What is all this? what s going on? Will my vision be restored as it was? I am worried. can you help explaining me please.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012