Extremely swollen tonsil, given clyndamycin and steroid to lower swelling. Chances of Leukemia ?

I have a history of my tonsil ( military removed left one and they didn t say why the removed only 1) swelling. This week I woke up with a extremely swollen tonsil. I was given clyndamycin and a steroid to lower the swelling. My father is undergoing metasatic colon cancer which they may believe is hereditary. My question is what are the chances of this being a symptom of Leukemia or in my fathers case as they suspect, a hereditary issue.
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012