Extremely sensitive to spicy food, feels like lips and gums swollen, numbness, dry mouth, dibetic, on Kadian, cymbalta. What could this be?

I have recently become extremely sensitive to spicy food. Something as mild as pimiento cheese is a problem and mild Mexican food is painful and actually leave my lips and gums as if they are swollen and have been anesthetized. I also experience more bouts of dry mouth. FYI I am diabetic and take a large number of medicines including but not limited to Kadian and Cymbalta.
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012