Extremely painful sore throat, had flu, bronchitis, swollen glands, jaw pain. Symptoms of?

Hi, I have had an extremely painful sore throat for over a week. I had the flu and bronchitis and just as I was at the end of my recovery from those illnesses, I suddenly got a sore throat, swollen glands, an ear ache on my left side, jaw pain and am feeling exhausted. My tongue was really white so I went to the doctor and he gave me antibiotics, Zithromax for 3 days but I am already at the end of these and still feel exactly the same, i.e. terrible. I am so frustrated that it has not improved after 7 days. What else could it be? I don t have tonsils but I have noticed a fleshy red lump at the back of the left side of my throat. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013