Extremely itchy rash along lines of steri strips after breast reduction surgery, have finished the antibiotic course. Cause and cure?

I had a breast reduction surgery almost two weeks ago. I have steri strips holding my incisions closed. Two days ago I broke out in an extremely itchy and red rash all along the lines of the steri strips. I was advised that it is probably an allergic reaction to the adhesive used on the strips. My PA advised me to remove the strips next Tuesday. I am afraid to remove them early but the rash is miserable. I am not in pain and my incisions are not exposed at all, so I am not really concerned with it being an infection. I also have finished my antibiotics over a week ago. Why would it take almost two weeks for my skin to react to this adhesive?
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  186 Awaiting Answer