Extremely itchy big circular rash appearing on and off. Measures to keep it away?

Hello my name is Devin. about 9 years ago I had a small circular rash on my inner thigh which I thought was jock itch, it started a a small circular red dot slightly raised, then it grew larger in diameter and the skin in the inner ring became dry and tight like a sunburn then the outer rim raised more and grew redder as the skin began to peel back and flake off, then it would spread throughout the are of my inner thigh into usually 3 circles which eventually turn into one large circle covering most of my right inner thigh. It went away then came back on it's own so i wen't to a doctor and he gave me a fungal cream which worked and then it was gone for a few months then came back. This has continued for the entire 9 years and I have had periods where it won't show up for several months but it always comes back in the same spot and starts the same way every time and goes away, other than being extremely uncomfortable with itchiness and being an eye sore it has not caused me many problems but I would love to at least know what it is so I can take preventative measures so keep it away.

Thanks again.

Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013