Extremely heavy period followed by mid-cycle spotting, heavy flow. What could be the cause?

I just had the worse period I ve ever had like ever hour i d have to change my tampon and it would still leak bad and it lasted from the 10th to the 18th of this month and then on the 24th I started spotting for 3 days and then the 27th I just started bleeding heavy and today its been really really heavy and I m just wondering why I ve been having light to normal periods for the last year and they lasted like 3 to 5 days can you tell me anything without me having to go in to a dr?
Asked On : Tue, 2 Oct 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  12 Awaiting Answer