Extremely heavy flow during periods, severe cramping in lower back, stomach, diarrhoea. Always had light periods. No relief with oc midol. Worrisome?

Hi im 30 years old and for the past few years my periods have been very lite. Lasting any where from 2 to 4 days. This month i started my period and wow its heavy. The first day was heavier than normal but the second day which was this morning has been a shocker for me. I changed maxi pads in the middle of the night and woke up soiled it went through my clothing and bed. The cramping has been bad also in my lower back and stomach with diarrhoea. The last time I dealt with this kind of pain was when i was a teenager. But my periods where never this heavy. I have two kids my youngest is 2 yrs old. I have no idea why this is happening to me now. I took some oc midol and its not helping with the symptoms. Any suggestions.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Jun 2012