Extreme tiredness with a feeling of lump in throat, have swollen glands in neck. Cancer signs?

Hi I am 43 years old with four children. I eat healthy and exercise and am at a low weight. I recently started feeling extremely tired and felt like there was a lump in my throat . My brother is 32 years old and last year his thyroid was removed. It was cancerous. I am going for a thyroid sonogram tomm. I have accepted the fact I most likely have to have my thyroid removed but I am nervous because some of my glands are swollen. Supraclavicular and one in the back of my neck are swollen. Does this mean if it is cancer-it has spread and this will be much worse?
Asked On : Tue, 24 Jul 2012