Extreme stress at home. Having heartburn. Drinking lot of water. No help. Suggestions?

I have been under an extreme amount of stress at home and have had non stop heartburn for 2 days. Nothing helps..I have avoided citrus , spicey, alcohol and carbonated beverages. I have not been able to eat much and have tried milk, tums, drinking plenty of water, I do not eat before bed and sleep elevated. Please Help it has become extremely painful with no relief.
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in HCM. I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

1.Avoid fatty meals
2. Dont lie down soon after meals for at least half hour
3.Take small and frequent meals, instead of full meals at a time
4. wear loose clothes
5. If you are overweight or obese do weight reduction with dieting and exercise
6. Take proton pumpinhibitor along with a prokinetic agent

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch and get-well soon.