Extreme pain in the right foot. Have to drag while walking. On compression hose. Suggestions?

My right foot is extremely painful. I cannot raise it when walking - I have to drag it or slide it with every step. I am supposed to wear compression hosiery (20-30) and haven t been wearing them daily because I have one pair and they re getting worn to the point where they need to be replaced. The area (vein?) that runs from the ankle bone to the interior section of the arch is swollen and lumped up where it is quite noticeable. This is the third day since it began. I am keeping the compression hose on for added support
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013